The Parts of
USING CLUMSY PICTURES
WHAT IS THE ROLE OF CLUMSY PICTURES?
Enabling the meaningful learning,
- Concretizing the words to make it more understandable,
- Enabling to remind and to use more complicated
and confusing patterns and structures,
- Creating an enjoyable classroom atmosphere,
- Activating the learners’ creativity,
- Enabling the mental alertness through guessing
words and topics like solving the puzzles,
- Enabling to lengthen the time of attention for
- Activating the two parts of the brain enabling
the concrete and abstract learning,
- Providing the analytical thinking in target language.
- Enabling the acquisition of language through reflecting
the real world
The steps of applying CPs:
- First make the students guess the word while drawing the CPs on the board so they can
get used to CPs and be familiar with them.
- After guessing the whole page the learners can write the CPs text from the board and
by this way they can internalize the text easily.
- Begin to present the text by the help of CPs one by one with acting and using gestures.
- The learners can draw after finishing the subject using drama and CPs.
- The responsible student of the day write the transcription of the new word and
while guessing you can write the new word with shaky letters to arouse curiosity.
- Make students repeat the page and do not forget to make the students ´work in pairs´
at the end of each lesson.
- Want the learners to redraw the CPs at home to prevent to copy the pages.